Wednesday 16 November 2011

Grace Under Pressure

This is the title of a song by Elbow:


This song means a lot to me because it expresses the way that I want to live my life. I would like to feel that I could behave with grace while living with difficult circumstances.

Despite the temptation, I don't think that there is ever an excuse to be rude to people, short-tempered or unkind. That doesn't mean that I'm always perfect - far from it, but I don't think that my illness gives me the right to treat other people badly.

I try to remember that I can't know the circumstances affecting those around me, and that I'm almost certainly not the only one who is having a hard day.


This post was written as part of NHBPM - 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J

No comments:

Post a Comment